Monday, April 13, 2015

Four Magical Days


He did it. Jordan Spieth led all through the Masters. Justin Rose was close a few times on Sunday; however, Spieth would make another terrific shot to be sure he was still in a good lead. They say it was the first time in thirty-nine years since the last time someone led all the way through. He is now the second youngest winner of the Masters. It was really a great day to watch. I was watching the Seattle Mariners game at the same time. I always switched back to the Masters when he was up.

 It was good to see Tiger Woods as well. He did seem a bit flat on Sunday, and you could see he was not happy at times which is understandable. The nice thing was that he looked healthy throughout the Masters so we should see him in some upcoming tournaments.

On the local front Spieth’s caddie Michael Greller lives here in my hometown of Gig Harbor. Before he became a full time caddie he was a math teacher in University Place, and his wife taught elementary school here in Gig Harbor.

The next major which is the U.S. Open is in sixty-four days, and takes place at Chamber’s Bay in University Place. So it means that Greller is very familiar with Chamber’s Bay since he has caddie there several times though the course will be a bit different for the U.S. Open.

University Place is not very far from Gig Harbor. I would say it is about fifteen minutes away. We would go over the Tacoma Narrows and take the first exit off the bridge and make a right. Nearby is the Narrows Airport. It is only about five minutes away from my place. Many of the golfers if not all of them will fly into Narrows Airport. It is made for small planes. Large planes do not fly into the Narrows Airport. Many people who will be coming to the U.S. Open will stay in Gig Harbor. According to the local realtors many local people are renting out their places for the week. The U.S. Open will be quite the boast to the economy. I am sure I will be seeing a lot of people from out of town leading up to the tournament.

I know several friends who will be working at the U.S. Open. For example, helping with the parking, security, and serving beverages to the golfers. I am not sure whether I will do anything; however, if the chance comes I will do so. I have never been in Chamber’s Bay; however, I have been by it a few times. I am sure in the next few weeks I will see if I can visit. The major problem is that the roads could be closed temporary.

Anyway, enough of golf for now; as I have said before I am a novice as far as watching golf and I have only played a couple times. If something good happens before the U.S. Open I will write about it. Have yourself a really good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mariners Rebounds To take Game 2