Monday, April 27, 2015

The Mets?


Before this weekend when the New York  Mets lost  two out of three to the Yankees the New they had won eleven games in arrow.

It was quite the surprise to me because the Mets have not been a winner for some time.  In fact so much I do not even remember the year they last had a winning season, and when they went to World Series. I am sure the Met fans are surprised as well.

Since I am a Seattle Mariner fan I do not follow the Mets or the National League for that matter very closely.  The San Diego Padres I know their roster somewhat because the Mariners play against them every year as a rival, and they share the same spring training facility. The only player that I am familiar to some degree is third baseman David Wright because he has played in several all-star games; however, he is injured right now.

What does that mean to me, and other people who follow teams in the American League? I will look closer at the standings of the National League East for a while to see if the Mets continue to win. Generally I remember it is the Atlanta Braves who usually wins the National League East.  Also, I know the Philadelphia Phillies who used to be a good team has become very old, and not expected to compete.

Actually I will like it very much if the Mets continue to win. Maybe we will have the Miracle Mets once again. I am sure that I will get back to the National League East at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mariners Take It On The Chin