Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What a Monday


I had to get up early on Monday April 6 go to Tacoma General Hospital for a cardiac procedure which was successful. According to the doctor I do not have to worry about in the future; however, there was some swelling in my groins so after I got out of recovery I went to my room they set up. Now what do I do for the next four hours since I can’t move. I can only watch television, have food, and drink. I was thinking I did not really want to watch day time television.

Of course, it is opening of baseball season. The Mariners do not play for another three hours. It was in my mind beforehand that I would watch the game either at hospital or at home. What do I do for the three hours though; oh yes should be another game on television so I checked out through the stations and found the Toronto Blue Jays against the New York Yankees. Sounds like a good game to watch. It had already started but it was only the first inning so I figured to watch until the pre-game of the Mariners start at noon in two hours.

It was really good game because the Blue Jays beat up on the Yankees for six runs and ended up winning six to one. It was about the seventh inning when the Mariner pre-game show started. I really enjoyed it and I would switch back to Blue Jay-Yankee game during commercials.

At noon I was able to start moving my left leg but my right leg I could not move for two more hours. Also, I had to keep my head from moving. Quite the experience; watching the games helped the time go by faster than just sitting in place.

Just before 1 pm they had the intro-ductions of the players which on opening day are fun to watch. The game started at 1:10; in the first inning Felix Hernandez gave up a home run to Mike Trout. Felix pitched six more innings and only gave up one other hit along with striking out ten batters. I had to walk a little around the hospital before I could go home. When I returned to the room the Mariners were now up 2-1.

I left for home around 2:45 pm with the Mariners ahead at the same score. When I arrived home a little after 3 pm it was the eighth inning and the Mariners were leading 4-1. I finished watching the game and seeing the postgame show as well. The Mariners won the game 4-1. This was the ninth time in a row they had won the opening game to the season.

I went and took a nap for a while since I was tired from the surgery. I woke up, and wanted to see the score of Duke vs Wisconsin in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament. It was tied 31-31. I came back later with Wisconsin leading in the game. I thought all right it looks the Badgers will win. It was not true Duke came back near the end of the game to win by five points.

After the game I relaxed and then went back to bed for the rest of the night. Like I say what a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mariners Take It On The Chin