Saturday, April 25, 2015

They Are Not Angels


The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim or whatever they call themselves now traded troublesome and injured player Josh Hamilton to the Texas Rangers for money only. The Angels are reported not to get any players in return.

Josh Hamilton signed a free agent contract with the Angels a couple years ago or so after having a very good career with the Rangers. He has not played up to expectations that the Angels wanted the day they signed him.  Of course, we have all seen players that have signed big contracts that did not live up to expectations. A lot of free agents who sign for big bucks are normally at the end of their prime time as far as being productive players.

In the case of Josh Hamilton it has been reported that not only he is recovering from shoulder problems he has gone back into drinking and possibly drugs. His wife also has filed for divorce. He has gone through these same problems before signing and playing for the Texas Rangers.

Looking from the outside it seems to me the Angels have not done a good job helping out one of their player. Instead of getting help for Josh Hamilton they decided to throw him away and let him go back to the team who helped him out in the first place. We can all hope that the Rangers will get Hamilton all the help that he needs. Maybe he will never be the player he wants was but maybe he can go back to being a productive person in society.

I wonder what the other players on the Angels are thinking. Are they glad the team got rid of a non-productive player or they hope that Hamilton gets the help he needs. Hopefully they feel the ladder. I would hate to be an Angel player who also maybe having some kind of problem wondering if he will be thrown away as well.

My view is that not only that Josh Hamilton needs some counseling the same can be said of the Angels management. Right now I see them as people who just want to win and it does not matter what the cost. I am sure glad that I am not an Angel fan and other teams will not follow their example. I do really hope what I see from afar is not really true but if it is the Angels need to make changes, and major league baseball will need them made accountable.

I am sure glad that I have friends if I went down the wrong path they would help me back up again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mariners Take It On The Chin