Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Robnison Cano Out Longer



We heard that Robinson Cano would be out sometime because of his hand broken on Sunday in Detroit. Also we knew that he would find out on Tuesday whether he need surgery or not and that would determine how long he would be out however the news that came along instead was that he was going to be suspended for 80 games because of PED’s. I am sure that came to everyone’s surprise. It certainly was for me. I am up vacationing in British Columbia with my cousins and  David my cousin Christy’s husband told me about it.

When I found out what he was taking to be suspended came as much  a surprise to me as well. I take the same medicine myself for fluid intake. All I did was shaking my head and said “You have to be kidding this is what will suspend him for 80 games.”  It is still hard to believe that someone would be suspended on this prescription. Now we have to see how the Mariners will do without Cano for 80 games.

The first game the Mariners played on Tuesday night went eleven innings with the Mariners winning in the end 9-8 on a walk off single by Guillermo Heredia. I have to say that I am never surprised by him. He makes the good plays. Juan Nicasio had another poor outing giving up a run and Edwin Diaz had a blown save in the ninth inning. At least the rest of the bullpen has been doing a good job.

Found out that Nelson Cruz had to leave the game after his at bat in the fourth inning. Ben Gamel pinch run for Cruz and stayed in the game as designated hitter. Not sure how long Cruz will be out but the MRI showed nothing broke or anything like that.

Gordon Beckham right now is playing second base for the Mariners. How long that will last we will have to see. Dee Gordon who was an all-star second baseman is taking some grounders there however the Mariners still want him in center field at this time. Now that Cano is out for half of the season before returning it will be interesting to see what the Mariners will do for the next few months. It is Beckham play that could determine what happens. The story will continue for sure but we do know that the Mariners will have to continue playing the games to win there is no choice there for sure. It will be interesting to see whether they can still continue playing the same level they have been or not. Just another challenge just like last season with the injuries to the starting rotation. Anyway GO M’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Mariners Updates Majors and Minors