the Chicago Cubs however it wasn't meant
to be.
Final Cubs 19 Mariners 2
The Cubs we do find out they are pretty
good hitting team. If the Mariners hadn't
had two walk offs the Cubs probably
would have swept them instead.
Before the game we found out that
Brendan Donovan had to go on the
concussion injured list. He was hit
in the head during batting practice
on Saturday. This is a tough loss
for the Mariners since he had been
the Mariners best hitter since returning.
It reminds me that I was hit in the
back of the head by a swing when
I was catching. I still feel it on my
head of the stitches. I didn't catch again.
Back then there was no concussion
protocol.
The highlight for the Mariners was that
Randy Arozarena lead off the game
with another home run. The Mariners
second run was in the second inning.
Nineteen unanswered runs.
The Mariners used two position players
in the 8th and 9th inning where the Cubs
scored 12 runs. Certainly elevating their
stats. Sound like the Mariners position
player era has to be over 100. Also a
good reason to forfeit the game.
Now the Mariners will take on the Phillies
on Monday.
The Seahawks are coming up. I hope
we don't see the punter or kicker play
quarterback in this game.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment